Personal Life

Attorneys & Deputyships

If a relative or close friend lacks the capacity to make decisions for themselves (or anticipates a time in the future when they may lack capacity), you may be asked to be an Attorney as part of a Lasting Power of Attorney, or you may have been appointed as a Deputy by the Court of Protection to manage the financial affairs of a vulnerable adult.

Both roles carry considerable responsibility and any decisions you make on behalf of the person you are acting for must be in their best interests. You are expected to apply a high standard of care, and this may include getting advice from professionals.

At Mowbray Woodwards we specialise in managing the property and affairs for people who lack the mental capacity to make decisions themselves. We have the experience and expertise to assist Attorneys and Deputies with as much or as little help as they feel is needed.

If there is no one suitable to become a Deputy, or if you do not feel that you want to take on the responsibility, you can appoint one of our partners to become a Professional Deputy.

To find out more please contact the team on 01225 485700 or email

Personal Life Services

How we can help you today?