Personal Life

Court of Protection

If a family member of friend lacks the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, our Court of Protection solicitors can provide practical help and advice. 

If the person affected has already made a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) and appointed an Attorney to manage their affairs on their behalf, decisions can be made as per the details of the LPA. If an LPA hasn't been made, you’ll need to apply to the Court of Protection to become their Deputy.

The Court of Protection safeguards the rights of vulnerable people and has the authority to appoint a Deputy to manage someone else’s affairs when they lack the capability to do so themselves. 

At Mowbray Woodwards we specialise in managing the property and affairs for people who lack the mental capacity to make decisions themselves. We have the experience and expertise to assist Attorneys and Deputies with as much or as little help as they feel is needed.

If there is no one suitable to become a Deputy, or if you do not feel that you want to take on the responsibility, you can appoint one of our partners to become a Professional Deputy.

To find out more please contact the team on 01225 485700 or email

Personal Life Services

How we can help you today?