Personal Life

Child Protection & Care Proceedings

If you are the parent or a family member of a child involved in childcare proceedings started by the local authority, our specialist family solicitors can help.

We understand how distressing these situations can be. We will guide and support you through the process, offer legal advice and represent you at Pre-Proceeding Meetings and at court if necessary. If you are a parent in this situation, you will be entitled to public funding. In some situations a grandparent or other family member may also be eligible for public funding, please get in touch with us to find out more.

It is very important that you seek legal advice as soon as possible if social services inform you that they are thinking about starting court proceedings in relation to your child or have already done so.

If you would like more information please download the information pack below.

To discuss childcare proceedings with a specialist family lawyer, call our friendly team on 01225 485700 or email

Personal Life Services

How we can help you today?