Personal Life

Deed of Variation

If you are concerned about Inheritance or Capital Gains Tax you can change a person’s will after their death, as long as all beneficiaries agree. You can also change a will to provide for someone who was left out of the will, move the deceased’s assets into a Trust or to clear up any uncertainty over the will.

To change a will you must apply for a ‘Variation’ and any changes must be made within two years of the death.

If you would like to find out more, or to make an appointment with our specialist solicitors please call 01225 485700 or email

Straight forward advice. I felt well-informed and reassured that I was making the right decisions.

We were more than happy with the service we received.

Personal Life Services

How we can help you today?